At the start of the year, companies reported that they were excited to devote more of their marketing efforts into mobile and online platforms in 2013. Now that we’re approximately a fourth of the way through the year, those same companies are reporting vast disappointment with their marketing plans so far. In fact, a staggering 56% of marketers said that performance wasn’t up to par with their original expectations.
To improve ROI, content creators and marketers should optimize:
- Landing pages
- Marketing emails
- Long-form and short-form content
By optimizing these elements for a variety of platforms including desktop and mobile versions, marketers will find improvement in their conversion rates throughout the rest of 2013. If you’re dissatisfied with your results so far, be sure to experiment with these tips – it’s not too late!
Optimize Your 2013 Landing Page
To earn conversions from content, begin by optimizing your landing page. This part of your site should utilize a lead-capture form to get a visitor’s information. Gaining this information, such as an email address, is important to your long-term strategy so that you can market to them more effectively. The more personalized the marketing or email, the better dynamic you create with the potential consumer. An optimized landing page will help you nurture the lead to a point in the sales funnel that is close to the point of purchase.
To ensure that your landing page is optimized, create:
- An attention-grabbing headline. This is likely the first thing that the visitor will see. Remember that web users spend 1 to 5 seconds on page before deciding to stay or move on. A catchy headline is crucial to high retention rates.
- Compelling content. Now that you have the visitor’s attention, do you have content that will make them stay? Whether it’s written content or captivating visuals, give the visitor a reason to keep reading.
- A page without distractions. The fewer distractions you have, the more likely the visitor is to stay on your site. Furthermore, avoid external navigation links. You want to keep people on your landing page – not going to an external site.
When you’ve incorporated these three elements into your landing page, test it with the “Blink Test.” In other words, can you see the purpose or offer of the page within 5 seconds? If the purpose of the page takes too long to realize, the page is too complicated and needs to be simplified.
Optimize Your Email Marketing
If you were able to get information such as a visitor’s email address from the landing page, you’ll want to continue nurturing that lead through email marketing. Be sure that your emails are optimized by customizing them to the visitor’s interests. To improve the success of your email marketing:
- Craft compelling email subject lines
- Divide the content of your email into lists or categories
- Use CTAs that urge the reader to take action
Marketing Content through the rest of 2013
According to the latest stats, 80% of people who visit your page will read the headline while only 20% will actually read the content. It’s crucial to make your content as effective as possible to not only try to improve that statistic, but take advantage of as much of that 20% as you can. While there are obvious elements such as keywords, SEO, links, and topics to consider, deciding to use a content writing service is becoming a more popular option for brands in 2013.
Professional content services provide content quickly and effectively. And because their specialty is on content creation, you can focus more on running your business and brand. A good content creation company will work to meet your needs and specifications in a timely manner. They’re also well versed in crafting compelling marketing content for any industry.
Have you ever used a content writing service? We’d love to hear how they helped optimize your marketing campaign below!
Latest posts by Daniel (see all)
- Who Takes Young Adult Novels Seriously? 7 Reasons Why You Should - July 24, 2014
- RxContent: How to Find Your Marketing Prescription - July 22, 2014
- What the 7 Greatest Trailers of All Time Can Teach You About Content Marketing - July 3, 2014