From Green Eggs and Ham to The Cat in the Hat, there’s perhaps no children’s author as prolific as Dr. Seuss. No matter how old you get for nursery rhymes, there’s something about his poetry and storytelling that resonates with most of us today. When talking about his writing, Dr. Seuss once said, “Virtually every page is a cliff-hanger – you’ve got to force them to turn it.” Ahh, so here lies Theodor Seuss Geisel’s great content creation strategy – and yours too!
To hold the reader on your webpage, follow these tips from Dr. Seuss to keep your content compelling and memorable:
- Use what you need. The simplicity and ease with which the words flow from Dr. Seuss’s story belie the complexity of crafting the perfect sentence – yet it’s what makes Dr. Seuss so effective. Similarly, using only the words you need (which makes it easier for your reader to digest) is more difficult than it sounds. Fortunately, developing a content strategy with a professional content provider can help you overcome the challenge.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small. Taken from Horton Hears a Who, this tip reminds us that every customer matters, no matter how insignificant they might seem in the grand scheme of things. In other words, while you want to target the masses with your marketing campaign, you also want to transform “D” customers into “A” customers.
- There is power in branding. When you think of the name Dr. Seuss, chances are that silly rhyme schemes and fun syntax popped into your mind. This should be an obvious reminder of the power behind branding. Just as Dr. Seuss’s stories have incredible brand identity, your business can take advantage of content marketing to give your brand a voice in the marketplace.
- Answers should be simple. According to Dr. Seuss, “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” By keeping this in mind, you’ll have an easier time making your blog content easier for consumer to digest. Furthermore, directing your social media and content marketing campaigns to answer complex questions simply will give you a content marketing strategy to pursue.
- The more you read, the more you know. While you want to use content marketing to establish your brand as an authority, it’s important to continue reading on industry-related material and news. This will help you ensure that your brand stays on the forefront of the content circulating in your industry!
What content tips do you have for our readers?
Latest posts by Daniel (see all)
- Who Takes Young Adult Novels Seriously? 7 Reasons Why You Should - July 24, 2014
- RxContent: How to Find Your Marketing Prescription - July 22, 2014
- What the 7 Greatest Trailers of All Time Can Teach You About Content Marketing - July 3, 2014